Monday, October 1, 2012

It's been a year....

Since I came to Japan...
Time flies so fast but at the same time everyday was so rich of adventures that it seems that I'm here for years already.

Living in the center of Tokyo, taking the train full of salary men every morning, having your bento for lunch at the cafeteria, doing your marketing, going to a nomikai with some friends, watching your drama. It might sound banal but the fact that it is happening in Japan makes you living in another dimension. 
Each detail, could be in a restaurant, a shop, even the toilet has a meaning and is always user-oriented.

This time was quite different than the last time I came. It was the first time to work as an employee in a company and not a student. The first months you try hard to get used to your job, talk with your colleagues to create your own network.
Then slowly you start to do some shopping, going out with your friends, organizing some parties.
As you saved some money, you can afford to travel in Asia (it's always nearer to go from here than from Europe...) and discover the delicious traditional food from each country.

I'm already here for one year but I'm sure that I visited only 1/10000 of this city. How long will it take to visit the whole country...and moreover, the whole Asia...!
Probably eternity but as long as I'm here I want to enjoy and travel as much as I can.

Let me write some articles that I was too lazy to write :p



3 comments:

  1. From my experience, it takes more than 10 years to travel all the Japan. 3 years for me only finish 1/1000 of Japan.
    To visit Asia, it may takes another 10 years for each, so you better choose which one you want to go first. Life it limited. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been to China? Chong and I are going there in January, for two weeks and a half, celebrating with her friends and family the two-weeks vacation given for the new year's eve.
    It would be fun if we saw each other then! We'll be at Beijing for 3 days before heading north to the city where her family is. Gonna be so cold i'm freezing already :D

    Let's just hope the relationship between China and Japan will get better .. hard to be a Japanese in China these days :(

    Do you have any clues for what you'll be doing next? Staying in Japan? Going elsewhere? Going back to France? But hey you still have one year to decide :)

    I'm glad this is going so well for you, looks like you're really enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete